Looking for a quick and healthy snack for the children? Here are a few tasty ideas that you can surprise them with, or let them make on their own. Bugs On A Log: They will love it just for the title! Simply spread peanut butter onto celery stalks, then top with raisins (the bugs). Yummy.
2. Scoop the”meat” from watermelon, honeydew, and cantaloupe and serve them on a tray with colorful toothpicks in each one.
3. Quesadillas: You do not have to drive to a Mexican restaurant to enjoy these melted treats. Simply sprinkle shredded cheese onto a tortilla. Fold the tortilla in half and microwave it until the cheese is gooey. Cut the quesadilla to triangle-shaped wedges and dip in salsa.
4. Frozen Grapes: The entire family will enjoy this cool treat once summer arrives. Place a washed bowl of grapes into the freezer for an hour or so. Don’t forget to cut the grapes in half for smaller kids and toddlers.
5. Peanut Butter Squares: Kids will eat just about anything that’s covered in yummy peanut butter! Spread peanut butter on a cracker (or a rice cake). Add a few apple slices then top with another cracker to form a little cracker sandwich.
6. Snackers Delight: Children change their minds with the end, so be prepared with a medley of their favorites! Fill each cup of a muffin tin with different treats such as nuts, raisins, cheese cubes, pretzels, carrot slices and sunflower seeds.